Now that the Express Way Bill Software is in place, E-Way Bill generation starts happening when you are doing your Invoicing. Let’s now have a look at the things you need to do to start generating E-Way Bills.
Enable NIC – GSP & GST Software Login
Now, to get the ball rolling in this exercise of generating Tally driven E-Way Bills, the login process has to be done in the GST Software and the other would, of course, be the. NIC – GSP Login. This is a onetime setup and is not required at every E-Way Bill generation.
Talking of GST software log in, do you have the login credentials? It may be possible that
- You are creating your account in GSTSoftware.com for the first time
- Or you are logging in with your login credentials of GSTSoftware.com
Let’s consider both the scenarios in GSTSoftware.com before we move on to the NIC login.
Creation of Account in GSTSoftware.com
Already having login Credentials of GSTSoftware.com
If you have the account already created, you are now ready with the login credentials required to log in to GSTSoftware.com. In this case, your login process is simpler.
- Go to "Gateway of Tally" and click on "GSTSoftware.com".
- 2. Click on "Login to GSTSoftware.com".
- Enter the login credentials that you already have, i.e. email address and password. Then click on the Login button.
- On a particularly bad day, it may so happen that you simply cannot seem to remember your password. You need not worry! You can click on the Forgot Password link and easily reset your password.
- Then enter your registered email id and press submit. Go to your mailbox and look for the OTP (Check Junk in case of Not received).
- Come back to Tally and enter the below details:
- OTP received on the email address
- New Password
- Re-enter New Password
(This is different than your NIC Portal Login credentials) Read More!
Enabling the feature of E-Way Bill
To enable E-Way Bill feature in your Tally you must first activate the feature. Open your Tally and follow the below path/navigation
Gateway of Tally → F11 → Statutory and Taxation → Set Alter GST Details.
In the "Set Alter GST Details" page, select "Yes" on "E-Way Bill applicable". Thereafter, enter the Applicable Date, Threshold Limit and the Applicability for Intrastate.
Once you are through with the above procedure, you will notice provide GST/E-Way Bill Details in your voucher page. This signifies that E-Way Bill feature is now enabled in your Tally.
Process for Generating E-Way Bill through Invoice
All Set to Generate E-Way Bills
The next step is to actually generate E-Way Bill through invoice.
All Set to Generate E-way Bills
The next step is to actually generate E-Way bill through invoice.
- In the Gateway of Tally go to "Accounting Voucher"
- Create a voucher and provide the information that is mandatory for E-Way Bill. This information includes E-Way Bill details, transporter details, consignor details and consignee details.
- You can select to fill Part "A" or both "Part A and Part B"*
- For Purchaser invoice, receipt note and credit note, E-Way Bill can be generated as mentioned below:
- In Gateway of Tally, click on GSTSoftware.com
- Select "e-Way Bill report" and enable the feature by pressing F12
- Select "Yes" in "Include purchases made from unregistered dealer" and in "Include purchases from suppliers other than unregistered dealer"
- Click on "Pending for e-Way Bill"
- Select invoice and click on "Make e-Way Bill"
- After saving the invoice you will get a message to generate E-Way Bill
- As soon as you click on "Yes", the E-Way Bill number and date is automatically updated in the Invoice for which the E-Way Bill is generated and same will be updated in E-Way Bill report.
- This concludes the process of generation of E-Way Bill for a particular invoice. A PDF copy of the E-Way Bill can be mailed from Tally to the registered email address along with an SMS on your registered Mobile number.
The entire flow of activities starting from the installation of the Software until the generation of the E-Way Bill can be portrayed in the simple process flow included below.
Watch Video to see the Complete Process